The Karnataka Societies Registration
20 Working Days
1. Covering Letter
2. Memorandum of Association and
Rules & Regulations
3. Table containing Name, Address
and occupation of all the Members
along with their signatures
4. Certified Copy of Duly Passed
Resolution for Registration of Society
5. Minutes of the Meeting
6. Declaration by the President of
7. Address Proof
8. Four Photos of each member
According to section 20 of the Societies Registration Act, 1860, A society can be created only for literary, scientific, or charitable purpose promotion of science, literature, or the fine arts, for instruction, the diffusion of useful knowledge, the diffusion of political education, the foundation or maintenance of libraries or reading rooms for general use among the members or open to the public. The main instrument of any society is the memorandum of association and rules and regulations (no stamp paper required), wherein the aims and objects and mode of management (of the society) should be enclosed. A Society needs a minimum of seven managing committee members; there is no upper limit to the number managing committee members.
Society Registration Procedure:
The Society registration procedure is very simple, if you prompt with your all documents and details, Thestartuppoint can help you in registration in 15 to20 working days, Subject to legal processing period.
- Registration can be done either at the state level (i.e., in the office of the Registrar of Societies) or at the district level (in the office of the District Magistrate or the local office of the Registrar of Societies).
- The procedure varies from state to state. However generally the application should be submitted together with:
- (a) memorandum of association and rules and regulations;
- (b) Consent letters of all the members of the managing committee;
- (c) authority letter duly signed by all the members of the managing committee;
- (d) an affidavit sworn by the president or secretary of the society on non-judicial stamp paper;
- (e) a declaration by the members of the managing committee that the funds of the society will be used only for the purpose of furthering the aims and objects of the society.
Only you need to provide all the required documents and details; our representative helps you in further processing within 10 to 15 working days, subject to legal processing time.